I feel like I've completely abandoned the one thing that kept me organized: my blog. Not done purposely, but to tell you the truth, I have had no desire what so ever to get on here and update. From the I Can! Arts & Resource Center ground breaking back in January, things just began to get somewhat....um...chaotic? The contractors were right: once the building was framed, it would go quickly and they were 100% right. Alot has happened since Ellie's 1st birthday in April and I'll try to make this as painless as possible. But blog, I promise I will not abandon you for that long again.......
- God's surprise turned 1 April 8th of this year. It was fantastic. She had a "Pink Piggy" birthday party.
(Eli's bronze monument arrived! Walker checking it out-)
- We began buckling down for the Launch of Eli's Garden the I Can! Arts & Resource Center immediately following Ellie's birthday. It went smoothly. The ribbon cutting ceremony was held with the state of Arkansas on July 6th, on a very hot Friday evening. A storm rolled up around all 300+ guests and then strangely went away, leaving us a cool, breezy evening to enjoy the festivities. Here is the picture of us in front of Eli's monument that the Democrat Gazette took:
- After 2 months of negotiation and a lot of soul searching, Jesse took an engineering position in a different state. Never would we have dreamed of leaving our families. Ever. But there's one thing that we have struggled with since the birth of Eli & Walker and it was our marriage. We never took time to grieve together. We immediately threw our grief into our projects and the work within the disabled communities and failed to work on 'us'. We felt this move may be a good chance to take a break from all that surrounded us and work on what started this all. All this being said, he accepted the position after layoff rumors were circulating again at his current job. We are about 6 weeks in and I must say, my heart is extremely heavy. I do miss our families, but especially my Momma. And I miss being in control of my days. Here, I don't have much to be in control over, unless you count potty training, laundry, and making sure Walker & Ellie don't kill each other.
- Oh, have I mentioned Ellie is a biter?
- We celebrated Walker (& Eli's) 3rd birthday back in Arkansas on the weekend of August 3rd surrounded by our friends and families. This year, we let Eli's balloons go around his monument in his garden. His party theme? Ga-ta's.
I think that's enough updating before I lose my audience for now. Nothing loses my attention faster than blog overload.